Live Event Time: Wednesday, October 29. 2014 - 9:30 AM PST
In keeping with the holiday spirit, this week we have invited Brad Reinboldt to present the top ten scary nightmares for network professionals.
10) CEO says my email went down over the weekend.
9) Any product with the word “virtualization” or “abstraction” in its description
8) Rogue users or an unsecured jump drive.
7) CIO wants to rollout new VoIP, video, or UC initiative
6) Anything to do with service orchestration or dynamic user “self-service” provisioning.
5) Unauthorized changes to the network infrastructure
4) Sunday evening (or off-hour) major network updates—the frantic “day-after back-track”.
3) Do-it-yourself cloud/application rollouts by non-IT groups.
2) New product rollout from Cisco or VMWare
1) Meet the server virtualization team.
In addition, if time permits, Brad would segway into a conversation regarding some of the real pressure points or trends network professionals are facing that we see on the street, or are brought to us to help solve.
Brad has worked in the computing, networking and storage sectors for more than 20 years in various development and technical management roles. He holds a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, as well as an MBA in management. In addition to being a Senior Product Marketing Manager, he also serves as an Adjunct Instructor at the University of St. Thomas School of Engineering.
For more episodes of LMTV, please visit LoveMyTool.TV.