We all know that Halloween can be a scary time but for Network Analysts ever day can be scary, like outside attacks for data thief, deniability of service and access, Insider attacks on purpose or just not thinking users, network and security issues by the dozens and the list goes on and on.
LMTV will be spending time with a guy that faces scary every day and he lives in the packet and network scary house! He is Mike Canney, Viavi’s Principal Strategic Architect and troubleshooter.
Mike will be discussing the Top 6 Scariest Things he has heard from network engineers say!
- 6 Scariest Statements from Engineers on Halloween and every day!
- Network Map? Why do I need that? - Dependencies, WHAT?
- Application Baselines? I have no idea “what is normal”.
- Why do I need trace files?
- Can I capture everything using the switch SPAN function.
- Our company doesn’t have apps in the cloud
- With SDN, You don’t need packets for troubleshooting or visibility.