A customer was excited to show me what they called an X-file problem.
It seems that wireless devices that are online are not in the access point’s association tables. At first they thought the tool they were using was the culprit.
My response was simply ,”Yikes… “ followed by, “show me”.
They said that they noticed this soon after I did some AirMagnet onsite training. In my session I was showing them how to validate which clients are which AP or which AP a client is associated with.
To make a long story short, in this video I explain what we looked for and how we determined what the issue was along with the solution.
The main point of this story is to verify your device configuration and don’t assume that it should work.