I was working on site the other day and heard the typical WiFi complaints:
- I can see the network, but can't get on
- Why can I get on the WiFi network with my laptop, but not my smartphone
- My Wifi connection only gets dropped on my smartphone or tablet, not my laptop.
In Wifi testing and design there are a few concepts that I've seen left out and want to review.
The idea is actually fairly straight forward;
- just because you can get on a WiFi network with a laptop, there is no gaurantee you can do the same with a cell phone, or tablet.
- just because you can get a good signal reading from your wireless device doesnt mean the AP hears you the same way.