Forces Impacting Alignment
In part one Robert covered some of the basic concepts surrounding the importance of alignment involving I.T. and the Business relationship.
In part two, Robert and I will walk you through the various forces that will promote or detract alignment.
Organizational forces typically come in two flavours:
1. Forces Promoting Alignment
- High-level or executive support for the project.
- This is where you have a high level supporting your efforts and has empowered you in achieving the project goals.
- I.T. is viewed as an equal partner and its representation is reflected in the organization hierarchy.
- This point is quite tricky to achieve since we are saying that the I.T. organization is perceived as an equal and is involved in the project life cycle from inception.
- Level of business ownership and involvement within projects.
- Culture, as noted in Part I, or the collective interaction within an organization